This mansion resting atop Shades Mountain is truly unlike any other in the Birmingham area. It is registered on the National Register of Historic Places, the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage and on the Jefferson County Historical Register. The character and charm this house possesses is astounding. With two carriages houses on the lot, the property is begging to be put to good use. Event hosting is easily an option. A house and lot of this magnitude needs to be seen in order to be fully appreciated. There is restoration work to be done, but the benefits far outweigh any notion of doubt. Additionally, this property will qualify for large commercial federal tax credits if turned into an event property. State tax credits will also apply for residential use. Come see this beautiful property! Per appraisal: 3726 SF on main, 3641 SF second floor, 2305 SF third floor and 699 basement for a total 10,371 SF.
Single Family, Other
3 Full/2 Half
Public Water Service
Hardi Plank, Stone
8,066 sq. ft
Yes - 3 spaces
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Kitchen, Living Room, Sun Room, Office, Breakfast Room
- Master BR with Closet, Walk-In Closet
- Eat-In Kitchen, Island, Butler Pantry
- Bath Description
- Linen Closet, Shared Bath, Full Bath, Half Bath, Master Bedroom Bath
- Trash Compactor, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Gas Range/Cooktop
- Hardwood, Tile, Hardwood and Carpet, Carpet
- Window Air Conditioning, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Steam. Radiant, Forced Air, Space Heater.
- Full, Daylight
- 8. Masonry, Stone, Tile, Bedroom, Den, Family Room, Great Room, Living Room, Master Bedroom.
- Additional Interior Features
- Pull Down Attic Stairs, Attic Storage, Crown Molding, Smooth Ceiling, French Doors, Window Treatment
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces. Rear Entrance, Circular Driveway, Driveway, Lower Level Parking.
- Stone, HardeePlank
- Balcony, Porch, Patio, Deck
- Lot View
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Interior Lot, Acreage.
Active Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Arrows indicate 90 day trend
Source: Birmingham Area Assoc of Realtors